Sunday, September 28, 2008

This week in our preschool we talked about weather and made wind socks.
We put out a blanket and sang popcorn popping on the apricot tree while popcorn popped.
This was exciting and fun.


We are proud of our wind socks can you tell?

This has been a crazy week for our family. We are ready for a new week.


Jenson gave the closing prayer in primary today. I wish I had a picture of how sweet he looked up there in front waiting to say the prayer. We talked about it last night on some things we could say in our prayers. He was so excited. He stood up all by himself and said "Dear Heavenly Father, I'm thankful for teachers, Amen. We are proud of him for having the courage to get up and for doing a great job. -- Brooklon did a great family home evening lesson today on gratitude. M&M's What am I grateful for? Draw one M&M at a time and depending on what color you choose tell what you are grateful for centered on the topics below.
Brown-material blessings
Blue-Family
Green-Friends
Red-Gospel
Orange-teachers
Yellow-Christ

We are grateful for our family and the time we are able to spend together, the scriptures, Christians job, our home, our health, our teachers, etc... What are you and your family grateful for?
(Landon made a yummy fruit pizza. I would have taken a picture but it went way too fast.)

Christian and I took Trenton to lunch this last week to a Thai restaurant were we enjoyed time spent with Trenton and some yummy Yellow Curry and some Pad Thai. We decided we liked it so much that we would try our hand at some Thai food at home. Here is a recipe if you would like to try some of what we tried.

Thai Green Curry

In a large saucepan simmer one 14 fl. oz. can Thai Kitchen Premium Coconut Milk with 1 to 2 Tbsp. Thai Kitchen Green Curry Paste (I suggest 2 or more Tbsp.) over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add two skinned boneless chicken breasts cut in bite-sized chunks, 1 to 2 Tbsp Thai Kitchen Premium Fish Sauce (sound kind of gross but it tastes good) 2 Tbsp. brown sugar, 1/4 cup bamboo shoots, 1/2 cup frozen peas, and 1/3 cup chicken stock. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occassionally. Serve with hot Jasmine (sticky) rice. Enjoy!

We hope all women were able to watch the Relief Society Conference. I Tivoed it and have yet to watch. We look forward to hear from President Monson this next weekend and Christians awesome cinnamon rolls.



2 comments:

lavette said...

I wouldn't even know where to find coconut milk.....sounds interesting though

Life is Full of Adventures! said...

I love thai curry or any curry at all thanks for a new dinner idea! Hope you remember me. I am Kaye's youngest. Great to see you and your family.